Saturday, September 4, 2010

Chocolate


We eat a lot of chocolate in this house - the adults, that is. While I love the fancy stuff, my all-time favourite is good old Cadbury's Dairy Milk. It's not uncommon for an entire large block to be consumed in a single evening. So when the habit seemed to be spiralling out of control recently, we agreed to a moratorium. No new chocolate was to enter the house.

It's been a relatively easy transition. I feel liberated at the supermarket as I glide down the confectionary aisle, blinkers on, ignoring the familiar purple blocks on the shelf. It was a bit of a challenge last week when there was a two for five bucks sale on, but still I resisted.



Still, one finds ways to feed the sweet tooth. A tall glass of milk with Milo after dinner helps. And the occasional stint in the kitchen. Chocolate from the baking aisle at the supermarket doesn't count, now, does it?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thanks for yours!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...