Friday, September 17, 2010

Stashing


Arriving in the mail this week from my favourite yarn shop, this little bundle of Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece - I love how the colours go together, even though I chose them individually.



And this stack of organic cotton by Debbie Bliss - Eco Cotton in the red and teal, and the softest blue Eco Baby. With several friends expecting autumn arrivals, a spring and summer of baby vest knitting is on the cards.



I almost forgot - these two skeins arrived the week before from The Yarn Cafe (now Evoke, I think). As far as I can tell, the owner hand-dyes the yarn herself. I've been eyeing off her online shop for months, and a little sale finally convinced me to dip my toe in. There's an alpaca/silk blend in a beautiful mix of reds called 'Merlot' and, in the green, my first ever purchase of a sock yarn - Bluefaced Leicester wool in 'Brassica'. I'm not sure I've got the patience for socks, but I keep coming across great patterns that use sock yarn, so now there's some in the stash for when the time is right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thanks for yours!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...