Monday, September 13, 2010

The vest








I may be developing a thing for baby vests. It's partly to do with how quickly they knit up - sleeves are, without fail, a boring undertaking - and partly to do with how damn cute they look on a little torso. This pair were knitted well before P and S came along. In fact, I'm pretty sure I began the brown one before I was even pregnant. The pattern is the Pebble and the yarns are a glorious Jo Sharp Silkroad DK Tweed in 'Emporio' and a Cascade 220 Heathers in a green whose name I can't remember.





P and S have worn these all autumn and winter, and they're still going strong. But as the weather warms up, I'm turning my attention to some lighter cotton knits. I just got my hands on a couple of patterns - Eden's Adam and Milo by Georgie Hallam, as well as these little vintage numbers. And there may or may not be a little package of organic cotton heading my way, as we speak, from my favourite wool shop - Tangled Yarns in Brisbane. Now if I could only find a few spare hours in my week to knit...

1 comment:

  1. No word of a lie, that is the cutest picture of ANY baby I have ever seen!! She should be in a cataglogue! Love my (our) babies!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks for yours!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...