Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Dear Olive


Dear Olive,

This has taken a long time, I know. Here you are, already nearly six weeks old, and how you must have been shivering away up there in Toowoomba without your cardigan. I had a few false starts - wrong pattern, wrong gauge, wrong needles, you know the sort of thing. But at last it is finished. Ta-da!

You have been born into a fine family, with a gaggle of siblings and fabulous parents. Your mum is my oldest friend and, as you're probably finding out, she's a woman who knows what she wants. She had three requests for this cardigan.

1) White or cream in colour - check!



2) Long sleeves - check, check!



3) A single button at the top - check, check, check!


I had to make some adjustments to meet all of these requirements, given the pattern is a short-sleeved cardigan with three buttons, but I'm quite pleased with the result. And it's always a treat to work with Baby Cashmerino. Oh, such lovely yarn.

It's been sitting here for several days drying from the blocking, and each time I look at it I think how lovely you'll look wearing it.  Can't wait to meet you, little one!

2 comments:

  1. AWWW GRIGGY - It's beaut! Perfect in all 3 criterium (is that the grammatically correct word?). Oh, she will look perfect - thank you so much for the kind words - wow - I'm teary :( but not...:)
    You are a wonderful, wonderful friend and I am thrilled for my newest to be part of you life.
    Love, love, love xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks for yours!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...