Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Welcome Home







Well, we're here. We've been tripping over boxes and piles of assorted stuff for days, but the bulk of the work is done, and we're starting to stretch out and ease into this new place. Now, after all those years of dreaming, months of planning, and weeks of waiting and crossing fingers and hoping it would be right, we're here and it is right. Oh, so right.

Out every window it's green. When I get a chance to sit, I'll be spoilt for choice about which room to relax in. And that yard. It's enormous. I open the door, and the girls tumble past me, running the length of it, down and back. They've never known such space. 

It sounds different. I'd become so used to living under a flight path, roaring jet engines punctuating my evenings. Here, occasionally a freight train rumbles in the distance. Birds twitter and chime. Insects chirrup. 

Our next-door neighbours popped in the other day with a bucket of fresh eggs from their hens. It's my chicken fantasy, once removed, come true.

I think we might be home now.


6 comments:

  1. Good luck with your new Highlands life, Greer. It sounds bloody wonderful. xx Milly

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh welcome home. oh my. i'm green with envy. many blessings on your new abode.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, you've waited so long for your country idyll. Congratulations Greer. Wishing you all much happiness. Can't wait to visit. Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like the GM will need a mower now! Maybe even a matching whipper snipper!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks for yours!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...