Tuesday, May 8, 2012

A Very Bloggy Morning Tea


I like to start the day with a cuppa. Twinings English Breakfast is my current preference, white and sweet. There's usually a second cup after the first before I shift over to coffee mid-morning - black, straight from the plunger, if I'm at home, soy latte if I'm out and about.

The best cuppas are always made by someone else, usually loose-leaf in a pot, shared at a kitchen table with something sweet on the side and a hefty helping of chit-chat and catch-ups. Oh, how I love a good morning tea get-together. I'm really missing my old Sydney buddies and their kitchen tables.

For the past two years, I've had the pleasure of working on some little projects for the Cancer Council's Biggest Morning Tea. I wrote about them here and here and here and here. I wanted to do something more and host a morning tea of my own. It's a bloody good cause and also a way for me to honour my mum, with mother's day fast approaching. Trouble is, I'm new to town and only know a handful of people. So, instead of hosting a fundraiser at home, with just me, the GM and the nice lady from over the road, I thought I'd host one here on the blog. And I'm aiming big - the World's Biggest Bloggy Morning Tea...EVER...In The World.

So here's how it will work. Starting on May 21, every day for a week I'll be posting about something morning-tea related. We will share endless pots of the finest brew, sipped straight from Granny's polka dot tea cups. There will be baking a-plenty. I'm sure I'll find a way to get some knitting in there. And during it all, I'll be passing around a hat to collect your small change for one of the best causes I can think of.

And to say thanks, there will be a giveaway or two, or maybe even three. I'll give more details about that soon.

So what do you say? Are you in? Fancy sharing a cuppa with me for a good cause?

If you're up for it and want to donate something now, here's the link to my page. It doesn't need to be big. Anything over $2 is tax deductible here in Oz.

Looking forward to sharing a cuppa with you.

10 comments:

  1. what an absolutely fabulous idea! I'm hunting up my virtual tea-party hat, and look forward to joing you in a cuppa!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a fab idea Greer! Count me in! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! If you decide to do a live morning tea please let me know

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea Greer. I'd love to be a part of your online tea party :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just put the kettle on, count me in! Great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds great Greer - count me in. My husband, who doesnt drink tea, makes me the best cups. Strange but true!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic! I will be here with bells on and cuppa in hand! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful idea, will make a contribution. Also very happy to drive to the Village for a live tea and home baked goodness :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a brilliant idea Greer and one I would love to be a part of :)
    x

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks for yours!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...