Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Out of the Archives: Wide Load

Originally posted May 2011



If we don't want to take the car, this is how we travel, me and my three. Our Mountain Buggy Duo is a tough machine. Fully laden, there's 10 kilos of baby in each seat, plus another 18 on the footrest when the Showgirl tires of scootering, which is often. Not to mention the shopping, the scooter, the travelling snacks...


We get some funny looks. Bumpy roads are tricky, as are local footpaths on garbage bin day.

8 comments:

  1. Oh the memories this post brought back! 15 years ago that was me, baby, 2 year old and 4 year old. I was never so thin or so fit! Happy days. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so familiar! I only have a single Mountain Buggy (no twins here!) but there is usually one in it, one riding pillion on front or riding the skateboard at the rear, and possibly another on my back. And the toilet paper always rides on the roof!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I have a Phil and Teds explorer where it has the second seat at the back. People always seem surprised when one of my kiddies pops there head out :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That made me laugh. We had a Phil and Ted buggy when the kids were small; with a (fat and heavy) baby and a three year old, hills were er...fun. And it's pretty hilly where we live. I had thighs of steel. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Epic! the only thing missing from the picture is the wonder mumma behind the wheel! :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember this post! I'd just stumbled across your blog and laughed out loud when I saw this picture. x

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks for yours!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...